Conway Sax is the protagonist in my mystery series (Book One is being submitted to publishers, Book Two is over to Janet Reid, my agent, for her thoughts, Book Three has just begun to shudder … er, flow … from my keyboard).
Sax lives in Framingham, Massachusetts. Like most mystery writers I know, I scan the local paper each morning for actual crimes that may serve as some form of fodder – not in cheeseball “ripped from the headlines” fashion, a la Law & Order, but rather to help set the vibe for the series.
Here are a couple days’ worth of headlines that reassure me Conway Sax will never run out of things to do. All are from the Metrowest Daily News:
- Police say man hit lover with pistol, VCR
- Two former Tufts employees arraigned for stealing nearly $1M from university
- Drug trafficking suspect skips court
- Westborough train death ruled accidental
- Cops blame recent and April bank heists on one man (this is my favorite – a guy wearing a lab coat robbed two banks in seven minutes!)
- Cops: Hopkinton man fires shotgun to collect debt